At South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, you'll find great opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits. Currently, we have the following openings at our luxury resort in the Temecula Valley wine country:
Download Employment Application
PT Tour Guide
Job Purpose: To educate individuals on the wine making process while still promoting the sale of products/services on property.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
• Performs all necessary tasks assigned in SCW Secret Shopper report to ensure a score of 80% or above
• Follow all South Coast Winery Resort and Spa employee handbook policies
• Setting tables for up to 20 guest that is up to SCW standards
• Educating our guest in the art of wine making
• Describing the pairing qualities of specific food’s with wine
• Helping guest determine which Wine Club and/or wines would be good for them
• Prior experience in hospitality industry or equivalent preferred
• Great timeliness and attendance
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Acute attention to detail
• Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Works well with minimal supervision
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
• Available to work on weekend and holidays
• Bilingual a plus
• Must possess the ability to guide large groups while maintaining their attention in a professional manner
• Stand for long periods of time
• Wine Knowledge
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Organic Vegetable Maintenance Gardener
Job Description: Maintain health, beauty and productivity of Carter Estate winery Resort vegetable gardens
• Work outdoors, with your hands in soil!
• Communicate with Vineyard Rose Management regularly
• Gardener’s duties depend on the season, as his/ her tasks would change accordingly
• He/She has to make sure that the soil is working with is of the right quality and in good condition
• Able to select the right seeds for the variety of vegetable to be grown which are ideal for the conditions and resort food strategies
• 20 hours/weekly with potential to GROW
• Flexible hours
• Must know which fertilizer and ingredients to use in order the keep the plants healthy and provide nourishment
Job Requirements: Experience growing organic vegetables (farm or garden). Preference to experience in Southern California, and growing professionally (rather than hobby gardener)
• Comfort with integrated pest management
• Confident in soil building methods
• Excellent and prompt communication skills via phone & email
• Physically comfortable lifting, carrying, digging, planting
Submit resume to email@example.com
Job Description: Makes and confirms reservations for future hotel guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room availability, obtaining all necessary guest
information, assuring guest understands all hotel policies particularly with regard to reservation cancellation and check-in/out time.
• Attends to PBX calls while forwarding to appropriate extensions and/or if internal hotel guest, records issues and handles or communicates appropriately.
• Answers guests questions in a courteous and professional manner, provides information including but not limited to directions, shopping, dining, entertainment, hotel services and safety.
• Knowledgeable about every detail of the resort to include but not limited to villas, hotel suites, restaurant, spa, wines, tours, promotions, packages, and local area information.
• Handles reservation bookings, cancellations, and modifications completely, accurately, and with enthusiasm.
• Anticipates guest's needs and expectations whenever possible and makes appropriate preparations to meet and exceed those needs and expectations.
• Asks to retrieve contact information for guests who are not able to connect with a particular department and then forwards that information.
• Documents and qualifies call types and losses with provided PMS Hotel System tools.
• Resolves guest problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgment in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
• Communicates to immediate supervisor promptly any problems or unusual matters of significance.
• Maintains a clean and organized desk area.
• Attends all mandatory meetings.
• Maintains professional and friendly demeanor with guests and employees at all times.
• Completes all necessary paperwork; maintains files and records.
• Performs clerical duties as required including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, reviewing invoices, and mailing.
• Complete daily shift checklist to insure operational consistency.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least (1) year related experience and/or training.
• Ability to type 35+ wpm. Must have required licenses, certifications and technical training as designated by local municipalities or state regulators.
• Great timeliness and attendance.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and decision making.
• Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work while constantly changing priorities.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, follow up, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Excellent customer service and sales skills while projecting enthusiastic and positive telephone voice.
• Ability to effectively communicate with clear speech and professionalism with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Able to work the hours required, open flexibility work any shift assigned, accept assigned regular and/or split days off, work weekend, holidays and coordinate vacations in accordance with company requirements and schedules.
• Demonstrate the desire to improve, act on one's own, willing to go beyond the job description, work effectively with others.
• Sitting for long periods of time in a confined area.
• Limited walking and standing.
• Understand and respond to diverse populations.
Hours/Wage:Full Time (32hrs – 40hrs per week)
-Part Time (16hrs – 24hrs per week).
-Starting at $10.00 hourly
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Night Audit Relief/Guest Service Agent Part Time
• 6 months to 1 year hotel front desk experience (required)
• Ability to work third shift
• Required to stand for at least 8 hours
• Great customer service and problem solving skills
• Ability to multitask
• Proactive and productive work ethic with minimal supervision
• Excellent timeliness and reliability
• Flexible and open schedule (weekends and holidays required)
• Able to balance and audit hotel revenue reports
• Outstanding past employment referrals and references
Please send completed application or resume to email@example.com
A room attendant is responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of guest rooms
Vacuuming and sweeping carpets and floors.
• Mopping floors as needed.
• Dusting, brushing, polishing and vacuuming furniture.
• Dusting and cleaning room decorations, appliances and structural surfaces (e.g. wall fixtures, window sills, vents).
• Changing linen and making beds.
• Cleaning showers, tubs, sinks and bathroom items.
• Removing used guest amenities and trash.
• Replenishing guest amenities and supplies.
• Inspecting rooms for safety hazards and for the operating condition of equipment and reporting same to maintenance.
• Checking for damaged linens.
• Reporting lost and found articles, maintenance problems, or special room problems (e.g. pets in the room) to a supervisor.
• Maintaining storage rooms and stocking carts.
• Emptying linen from housekeeping cart into laundry cart.
• Recording room status on work assignment sheets.
• Providing information to guests about hotel services, facilities and other amenities
• Providing information to guests about local attractions/services.
• Preparing rooms for guest arrival and responding to special guest requests, such as delivering newspapers or cleaning a spill.
• Listening and responding to guests’ requests or complaints.
Weekends and Holidays are required.
Please send completed application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintaining room attendant with items needed for each room;sheets,terry,water,wine,and other items
• Removes trash and dirty linen from all rooms in a timely manner
• Removing trash and dirty linens from room attendant carts.
• Sweeping walkways of debris and vacuums hallways
• Reporting maintenance problems or completing work repair orders.
• Deliver special request items such as cribs to guest rooms.
• Picking up trash from parking lot and garden areas.
-Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
• Weekends and Holidays required
Please send completed application or resume to email@example.com
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
PAY RATE: DOE
Job Description: Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or other appropriate administrative staff, the maintenance supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising maintenance
technicians in the upkeep of buildings and equipment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, swimming pool, water heaters, and related systems. Perform the work of employees and other duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Schedule and direct a crew of maintenance technicians involved in craft specialties.
• Provide training, work direction and guidance while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades.
• Assist Maintenance Manager in scheduling work and determining needs for equipment and supplies.
• Maintain preventative maintenance schedule program for equipment and buildings.
• Maintain inventory control program for all areas of the department.
• Perform other duties consistent with the position assigned as may be requested by the Maintenance Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• High school/trade school diploma required.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
• Knowledge in maintenance supplies, equipment, materials, and methods used in maintenance trade.
• Ability to make major repairs to buildings and equipment.
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as required.
• Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance in using equipment to complete assigned tasks.
Please send a completed application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SALES & CATERING
Sales & Catering Manger Position
• Sales of rooms, meeting rooms and food & beverage from initial call through contract.
• Qualifying accounts, telemarketing, direct sales calls, corporate events, public relations activities, on-site tours, contract negotiations, etc.
-Responsible for both the SMERF Weddings and Corporate market segment.
• Potential to work 6 days per week.
• Also will be responsible to work a Manager on Duty monthly rotation.
• Must be available to work your schedule to meet customer needs and support team as needed as well as cover office hours, sales calls and other expectations.
• A minimum of 3 years of direct sales experience in a similar business.
• Direct hotel sales experience given preference.
• Expect to position to drive $1.5 to 2 million in sales.
• Proven sales results. (This is not an entry level position)
• College degree. (Will accept 4 years of additional direct hotel sales experience in lieu of degree)
• Ability to communicate professionally both in written skills, verbal communication and public speaking.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Must be detail oriented and be able to multi task.
• Microsoft Office, SMS, Delphi and Meeting Matrix preferred.
• Must meet our professional attire requirements.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work weekends as needed.
• Must have a reliable form of transportation.
Please attach resume and references.
Please send completed application or resume to email@example.com
• Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
• Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
• Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
• cooking experience required with at least 2 years in a high volume kitchen.
• Food preparation experience
• Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely.
• May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
• Tasks will be performed using and in the proximity of coolers, ovens, stoves and other hot equipment; cooking and kitchen utensils and equipment
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description:The Dishwasher is responsible for performing various kitchen cleaning and storage activities such as but not limited to dish washing, pot washing, general and equipment cleaning, storage and rotation of food and supplies. Responsible for handling all foods, storage and cleaning activities in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards and complies with all federal, state and local regulatory procedures regarding food storage, cleaning and preparation.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to stand for 6 to 9 hours at one time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to bend, climb and/or work in confined spaces
• Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
• Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
• You must have organizational and time management skills and demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
Please email applications to email@example.com
Banquet Sou Chef
Description: Coordinate, plan and supervise the production, plating and presentation of the food at all Banquet events in a cost effective, safe manner to meet/exceed customer expectations and attract future business. Responsible for the daily production of all banquet food; Assists in the creation and recommends menu changes. Recommends and implements procedural/production changes.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Be familiar with all Banquet Hall services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Manage the daily production of food for all the catered events; control food and labor costs.
• Ensure preparation, plating and presentation standards are maintained, the appropriate quantity of food is prepared and safety standards and regulations are followed to provide top quality food.
• Supervise banquet kitchen employees; Hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary/hourly reviews, recommend discipline, as appropriate.
• Analyze Banquet Event Orders that is provided by the Sales Office then plan and coordinate the functions with the Catering staff to ensure the events meet/exceed customer expectations.
• Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
• Assist in the creation and planning of menus and implement changes to continue to attract business.
•Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
• Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
• Coordinate breaks for staff.
• Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
• Ensure that each Kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
• Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
• Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, and or all Kitchen stations.
• Direct staff to rectify any deficiencies.
• Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Banquet Hall requirements.
• Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Banquet Hall requirements.
• Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all machinery in the Kitchen operation, stressing safety.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain food and labor costs.
• Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
• Monitor and ensure that all closing duties are completed to standard before staff sign out.
• Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
• Provide feedback to staff on their performance; handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to Banquet Hall standards.
Secondary Job Functions
• Attend weekly staff meetings
Required Qualifications Required Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate
• Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
• 5 years of experience in a similar position at a Banquet/Catering
• Food handling certificate.
• Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
• Compute basic arithmetic.
• Provide legible communication.
• Knowledge of food cost controls.
• Previously worked with all products and food ingredients.
• Operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
• Plan and develop menus and recipes.
• Expand and condense recipes.
• Ability to Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• Prioritize and organize.
• Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolve problems. Follow directions thoroughly.
• Understand guest’s service needs.
• Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Description: South Coast Winery Resort & Spa is currently seeking an experienced culinarian for our Full Time Banquet Cook position. This position will prepare all hot/cold banquet food items and is responsible for consistency and quality production and ensure all food is served according to specification.
• Communication with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and complete a daily prep list.
• Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
• Be knowledgeable of all banquet stations in the kitchen.
• Be knowledgeable of plate and buffet presentations and preparations of all banquet menu items.
• Communication and working with the culinary team to coordinate all banquet event orders.
• Communication of all food items needed for current and future shifts.
• Maintain sanitation standards as communicated by health department.
• Maintain cleanliness of work area and shared kitchen spaces.
• Preparing culinary dishes to Omni standards and executing F&B orders in a timely manner.
• Completing any other assignments as assigned by Kitchen Management.
• Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained. Create memorable, WOW experiences for each and every guest.
• Previous banquet culinary experience is required, luxury hotel experience is preferred.
• Highly motivated self-starter, focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
• The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
• The ability to multi-task in a busy environment, ensure guest satisfaction and work as a team player.
• Must be service and detail oriented; possessing a friendly, approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to lift up to 40 pounds, push/pull up to 50 pounds and stand/walk for long periods of time.
• The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, holidays and weekends.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
On Call Massage Therapist
Due to expansion of the GrapeSeed Spa to 20 treatment rooms, the team is looking for massage therapists who possess the following skill set and customer service skills
• 3 or more years of massage experience
• Must be available Saturday and Sunday
• Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
• Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns
• Must hold valid and maintain a current State license
• Willingness to learn body treatments and specific skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ideally to have worked in a resort spa setting
• Team player and to contribute toward a quality work environment
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
For Spa Jobs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? You can apply with your resume, a completed application download the pdf
There are two options for getting your resume or application to us:
By email: Kim Polk
Or by mail to:
South Coast Winery Resort and Spa.-Employment
3719 South Plaza Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92704
All applicants must pass a drug test and background check.
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Director of Spa Operations at GrapeSeed Spa
Description: Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services,
including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience:
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets:
• Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
• Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
• Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
• Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy:
• Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific
groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
• Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
• Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
• Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy:
• Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service:
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and
producing desired business results.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Please send completed application or resume to emorales@wineresort